WPF highlights five areas for policymakers to consider:
• Elevate teacher diversity as a top education priority
• Target state investments to support both individuals and institutions
• Provide flexibility and rigor in teacher preparation and evaluation
• Require districts and teacher training programs to demonstrate greater transparency and accountability for teacher diversity
• Build state data system capacity
2017: West High Reading Interventionist Teacher’s Remarks to the School Board on Madison’s Disastrous Reading Results
Madison’s taxpayer supported K-12 school district, despite spending far more than most, has long tolerated disastrous reading results.
My Question to Wisconsin Governor Tony Evers on Teacher Mulligans and our Disastrous Reading Results
“An emphasis on adult employment”
Wisconsin Public Policy Forum Madison School District Report[PDF]
Booked, but can’t read (Madison): functional literacy, National citizenship and the new face of Dred Scott in the age of mass incarceration.