A number of ideas were shared along with quite a few public comments. I’ve summarized a few below (from my notes) (there were many more – have a look at the video):
- Why does Van Hise Elementary have such a small low income population relative to other schools?
- What data supports the creation of “paired schools” from a student achievement perspective?
- Why are we considering busing children all the way to Marquette / Lapham [map]?
- (this comment was made after the official event closed) Why won’t the MMSD build a school (farther south) in Fitchburg?
- I asked: “Why were no scenarios / ideas presented vis a vis the nearby [map] Wright Middle School Facility?”
This 3 page pdf Forum / idea summary was sent to all Thoreau parents Tuesday. UPDATE: Arlene Silveira mentions, via email, that she thought about 120 attended.