It has become difficult to avoid research about so-called millennials, the unofficial generational nickname typically applied to people born in the 1980s and 1990s.
According to research (collected from this reporter’s in-box):
• They will soon be the majority of the U.S. workforce–a huge generation!
• Slightly more than one-third of them are skilled at 3D printing and 22% of them are skilled at driverless cars–new technology!
• 79% of them have bachelor’s degrees–so educated!
• 17% of millennials would “rather become a YouTube star than fall in love”–different priorities!
• And 55% more millennials are signing up for 401(k) plans–good savers!