I applaud the Wisconsin State Journal’s efforts to dig deeper into the Madison Superintendent search process. A kind reader pointed out to me how “shocking” it is that Barbara Thompson was NOT one of the two finalists.
The Madison School Board named these two finalists:
- Joe Gothard, Madison’s assistant superintendent for secondary education.
- Barbara Thompson, a former Madison principal and New Glarus superintendent who is currently superintendent in Montgomery, Ala.
- Tony Apostle, a retired superintendent from the Puyallup School District near Tacoma, Wash.
- Curtis Cain, administrator of the Shawnee Mission School District near Kansas City, Mo.
- Sandra Smyser, superintendent of Eagle County Schools in Eagle, Colo.