- Median real estate taxes paid as a percentage of median household income . Dane County, WI ranks 64th.
- Property tax as a percentage of home value Dane County, WI ranks 133.
- Median real estate taxes paid: Dane County, WI ranks 46.
Interestingly, while local property taxes have remained relatively flat, taxpayers have supported a large increase in State of Wisconsin taxes spent on K-12 public school districts. Of course these funds largely come from the same wallets that support property taxes.
- Educating children is not the same as directly funding school systesm
- Wisconsin state budget outlook.
- Dave Blaska notes that WEAC spent over $2.1M on five key legislative elections this year.