Much continues to be written about Wisconsin’s K-12 and Higher Education spending growth, an issue that will be front and center as the State grapples with a structural deficit and slowing tax revenue growth. Following is a recent roundup of rhetoric on this matter:
- Wisconsin Taxpayers Alliance: K-12 Spending Growth Far Exceeds University Funding
- Retiring University of Wisconsin-Madison Chancellor John Wiley: “From Crossroads to Crisis“
- Dave Blaska looks at Wiley’s article.
- The “Club for Growth” made an open records request on Wiley’s communications around the Madison Magazine article.
- Former Madison Mayor Paul Soglin on Wiley’s article.
- An Interview with Todd Barry on Wisconsin’s structural deficit and significant increase in debt.
- A roundup of articles on Wisconsin’s budget deficit.
- Jason Stein: Whos to Blame for the State Budget “Shortfall”?
We’ll certainly see many more articles on this topic as the Governor and Legislature address the state’s spending difficulties.