e-prairie discusses a number of recent comments from the technology community on our education problems:
- The American Electronics Association on losing our competitive advantage.
- The OECD’s Program for International Student Assessment
- Pay for performance teacher compensation movements
- Milton Friedman on School Choice
- Bill Gates on our obsolete high schools
The New York Times Editorial Page agrees with Bill Gates and takes the States to task for “embracing the lowest common denominator”.