I was asked recently, by a leader up the food chain, what I would do to improve community engagement. Here’s what I would do but do let us know what you would like to see.
- I would go with the George Costanza method. Do the opposite of what you are currently doing.
- Shorter but more specific presentations.
- Take ALL questions from the general audience. (I do believe there is a place for small group discussions but not on every subject.)
- As long as it is within the topic, lead but don’t tell people what they can and can’t discuss .
- Have the meetings not all in one week but over a series of weeks.