Madison West Small Learning Community Coordinator Heather Lott is giving a presentation at Monday evening’s PTSO meeting: “SLC Post-Grant Update and Discussion”. Location: Madison West High School LMC [Map] West’s implementation of Small Learning Communities has been controversial due to the move toward a one size fits all curriculum (English 9 and English 10).
- Bruce King’s report on West’s English 9
- West’s March Toward English 10
- Notes from the Madison School Board’s Performance & Achievement Committee meeting on Mandatory Academic Grouping, including a presentation from the UW’s Adam Gamoran. [Presentation Video]
- The Gates Foundation has been moving away from Small Learning Communities: Google
- Madison United for Academic Excellence has extensive information on West’s SLC initiative.
- Madison West’s Small Learning Communities web page.
Parents with children potentially on their way to West High School should check out this Monday evening event.