Alas, the e-books are encoded in DRM which pretty much spoils the potential success of this pilot project:
- Textbook is locked to the computer where you downloaded it from;
- Copying and burning to CD is prohibited;
- Printing is limited to small passages;
- Unless otherwise stated, textbook activation expires after 5 months
- Activated textbooks are not returnable;
- Buyback is not possible.
We all need to become familiar with the ongoing DRM (Digital Restrictions Management) machinations all around us. Things are getting worse. Learn more about DRM via wikipedia.