The proposed Leopold Expansion discussion continues:
- Visiting with some Leopold Parents at a recent event, a number of points were discussed:
- Parking is currently a problem and will be worse as the school expands.
- “We keep taking away their playground space. Where are all of the children going to play? They need space to run around.”
- “Why can’t Madison build a school in Fitchburg (ie, closer to where all the homes are going in)? Verona has – Stoner Prairie, in Fitchburg [Map illustrating Leopold & Stoner Prairie]. Many homes are as far from Verona shools (in Fitchburg) as they are from Leopold.”
- “Where are all of these children going to go after Leopold?” “Will they be bused over to a Memorial/Middle School combination?”
- “I’m concerned about the (proposed) shared library and cafeteria. Will they be adequately staffed for a school this size? The previous addition did not address the lunch room and library needs.
- “I don’t want to pay any more taxes, it seems like every year we have a budget crisis but my taxes continue to go up. Couldn’t they plan better?”
- Arlene Silviera is puzzled about Ruth Robarts recent questions regarding the size of the proposed Leopold school.